The Jarrell Chamber of Commerce seeks an energetic and dynamic individual to move the organization into the future. The Staff Executive provides visionary leadership for the strategic direction of the Chamber, support and advocacy for the growth of local business, and promoting quality of life within the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic & Operational Planning – In conjunction with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and staff, develops and implements a strategic, long-range plan and annual business plan. Works with Chamber committees to identify issues and needs and develops plans to address them. Evaluate the effectiveness and measure progress towards attainment.
- Board Relations – Builds and maintains strong relationships and communications with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Plans and organizes Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Community Relations – Provides leadership in building cross-sector partnerships among businesses, government and community organizations. Identifies, establishes, and maintains strategic linkages with leaders and stakeholders in the community.
- Community Marketing – Creates and manages a community marketing strategy in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Policy Development, Implementation & Interpretation – Assists the board in the development of policy and is responsible for the execution of policies adopted by the board. Responsible for the proper order of business as established in the Chamber’s bylaws.
- Organization Structure & Procedures – Continuously evaluates the Chamber’s organization structure, policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness in identifying and addressing Chamber and community needs and issues.
- Membership Relations, Recruitment & Retention – Assists all membership efforts and volunteers with recruiting and retaining new and existing members of the Chamber and is responsible for maintaining the membership at a level needed to ensure the income to support the annual Business Plan.
- Budget & Finances – Develops annual budget with assistance from the board. Manages revenues and expenses in accordance with established budget and ensures the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements utilizing QuickBooks.
- Staff Administration – Builds and maintains a staff consistent with program needs and financial resources. Is responsible for the employment of all staff members, the assignment of their responsibilities and duties, the supervision of their work and the establishment and review of metrics for evaluation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, public administration, or related field of study.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years of related experience. Completion of U.S. Chamber’s institute of Organizational Management preferred and/or years of experience or willing to complete. Experience in QuickBooks and ChamberMaster software a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
- Strong public speaker. Comfortable developing and delivering presentations on behalf of the Chamber.
- Exceptional financial management and accountability.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff and volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to organization needs in a timely fashion.
- Possesses passion for the success and progress of the Jarrell community.
- Background in working with a volunteer board.
- Successful track record of fundraising.
- Understanding of current/modern marketing strategies - principles and practices, marketing strategy including digital, content, social, SEO.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.